It’s already mid October, and I hesitate to even write that, because that just doesn’t seem possible. Wasn’t it just springtime?
Ask people to name their favorite season. Without fail, I’ll bet you fall is the most common response. Be it college football, sweater weather, crunching leaves, or pumpkin lattes, there’s something just about everyone can find to love.
My problem with fall, however, is that it’s just so darn busy. Not sure if it’s the start of the school year or what, but I always start off with these lofty ambitions to for fall-ish activities, and then I blink, and it’s Christmas.
Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve found more fall ideas for crafts, decor, food, and activities than I could ever possibly accomplish. I’m motivated and inspired.
Here are my favorite fall finds around the Internet—nothing specifically Halloween or Thanksgiving, just celebrating the season itself. I know I won’t do all of these, but these are great ideas nonetheless. I’ll be satisfied doing three or four.
And of course, add your own favorites in the comments.
Photo from Made
- Yarn wreath for all seasons! :: Mom Advice
- Autumn napkin ring tutorial :: Heather Bailey
- Modern fall wreath tutorial :: The CSI Project
- Coffee sleeve wreath :: Craftzine
- Acorn wreath :: Made
- Fall trees :: That Artist Woman
- Pumpkin bird feeder :: Martha Stewart
- Autumn leaves dipped in beeswax :: Island Home (and then you can hang them)
- Linen leaf motifs :: Martha Stewart
- Autumn leaf garland :: A Beautiful Mess
- Leaf people finger puppets :: Make and Takes
- Scrap buster fall pillow :: Cluck Cluck Sew
- Pumpkin mustache printables :: Faboolous
Photo from Nesting Place
- Fabulous Fall Get-Together :: Hostess with the Mostess
- Leaf mason jar candle holder :: Gingerbread Snowflakes
- Autumn banner printable :: Poppies at Play
- Acorns and candles in mason jars :: Vintage Rose Garden
- Pine Cone Garland :: Twig & Thistle
- Toilet paper roll wall art :: Design Sponge
- Pumpkin topiaries :: Censational Girl
- Fall glass hurricane :: 320 Sycamore
- 31 days of autumn bliss :: The Inspired Room (tons of great decor ideas)
- 10 easy ways to decorate for fall :: Nesting Place (lots of ideas here, too)
Activities for kids
Photo from Loves of Life
- Leaf match printable :: National Wildlife Federation
- Fall bucket list :: Loves of Life
- 50 fun fall activities :: Digital Reflections
- Leaf rubbings :: First Pallette
- Gourd games :: Family Fun
- Fall worksheets for kids :: All Kids Network
- Salt dough leaf prints :: That Artist Woman
- Fall-colored cookie dough :: Country Living
- Leaf alphabet :: Martha Stewart
Food and drink
Photo from Gimme Some Oven
- Pumpkin spice latte :: Love Veggies and Yoga
- Pumpkin drink cooler :: Martha Stewart
- Apple cider cups :: Gimme Some Oven!
- Pumpkin pancakes :: Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- Pumpkin pie shake :: Healthy Happy Life
- Chicken enchilada soup in a Crock Pot :: Homemade by Holman
- Autumn chopped salad :: Espresso and Cream
- Candy corn sugar cookies :: Kathie Cooks
- Apple cider caramels :: Blondie’s Cakes and Things
- Apple chips :: Vittles and Bits
- Apple and brie melts :: Homemade by Holman
- Baked pumpkin spice donut holes :: Pennies on a Platter
- Corn and chicken chowder :: Buns in my Oven
I’ve got a block party this weekend (yep—unbeknownst to us, we moved to a street that actually holds block parties!), so I’m hoping to whip out one of these recipes, then maybe sit in a lawn chair and work on one of these crafts. Yeah, I’ve got a book to work on, but… it’s fall. It’s lovely and crisp and colorful. Here’s to a slightly slower autumn.
What’s your favorite fall activity? Care to share a link for a tutorial, craft, recipe, or decor project? Add below in the comments!