I‘m really excited about another ingredient we’re adding to the Simple Show recipe this fall: book talk. More than chatting with authors (which we’ll still do from time to time), every month or so, my friend Haley and I will talk about a book we recently read and give each other our nickel’s worth of feedback.
We’ll cover everything from fiction to non-fiction, classics to new releases, and everything in between. I love now having an excuse to blather on about what I’m reading!
My book choice for this episode is Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Siver, and Haley’s got the beloved Jane Austen classic, Sense & Sensibility.
Links from this episode:
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michelmas
- Haley on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Sense & Sensibility, by Jane Austen
- Karen Savage on Librivox
- Sense & Sensibility films—by Ang Lee, and produced by iTV
- Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Siver
- 1000 True Fans
- David Ramirez, The Rooster and his song, Bad Days
- Seabear, and their song I’ll Build You a Fire
- Andrew Bird’s latest album, Are You Serious
- Kyle and I saw him in concert!
- Andrew’s recent Tiny Desk concert
I’ll meet with you through a screen and we’ll talk through your website, podcast, or other platform. We talk about your goals, your frustrations, your vision, and I’ll give you my honest feedback, along with a doable checklist of 5-10 things to get you started on making it something you love.
I’ve been running this space for almost nine years, and I’ve been filing away everything I learn to share it one-on-one. This sort of one-time coaching I do is valued at $300, but the entire blogging toolkit is only $97 (and you get so much great stuff).