Today officially begins my first-ever month-long sabbatical, when I won’t be online or check anything beyond (occasionally) my personal Instagram account. I’m so ready and here for it.
I’m currently writing this on the plane back from London, and am heading to the west coast, where I’ll join my family for time in the Pacific Northwest.
I know it’s already sweltering in the south, which can affect our outlook on the summer months, but so far, I’m truly enjoying time off from the school year and slower days living life. Here’s my current shorter good list of what I’m loving right now:
- Pimm’s cups (why don’t we drink these in the States?)
- English gardens — it seems like flowers flourish just by existing in the U.K.
- Saltwater sandals
- The scent of sunscreen
- Kids’ swimsuits hanging out to dry
- The new Les Miserables miniseries (I watched it here on the plane — it’s so good!)
- Lime basil gelato
- Morning and evening short yoga sessions via YouTube
- Super-soft, loose-fitting t-shirts
- Finding better UK-based book covers in English bookstores for books I already love
- Walking barefoot in the grass
- Working my way through the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny
- Cold-brew coffee, made in a mason jar in the fridge
- Driving with the windows cracked
- Thrift store denim cut-offs
Your turn: what’s on your summer good list at the moment?
You May Also Like:
Join thousands of readers
& get Tsh’s free weekly email called
5 Quick Things,
where she shares stuff she either created herself or loved from others. (It can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear.)