What’s Making Me Happy
I know the summer season is a mixed bag for us — I’m in the Pacific Northwest right now, which means I love this season, but back home in Texas, and by this time I’m usually hankering for fall weather (still four months away).
Regardless, it’s good to remember in the here-and-now what’s making life lovely. Here’s a shorter version of my current summer good list:
- Gilmore Girls binges with my teen daughter after her brothers have gone to bed
- Light cardigan weather in the mornings and evenings
- Walking by an outdoor concert, getting to enjoy spontaneous live music
- Iced coffee
- Finding that book I’ve been after tucked away in the used bookstore
- Grilled meat and veggies, a simple and perfect summer dinner al fresco
- Flavored sparkling water
- Easy morning and evening yoga
- When it’s finally my turn for the library book, and I’d forgotten I put it on hold
- Summer desserts: ice cream, strawberry cake, popsicles
- Gardens with pockets of lavender
- The din of neighborhood kids playing outside at dusk
- The last few minutes of reading in bed before my eyelids can no longer stay open
- Watching Chuck reruns with Kyle
- Our dog, Ginny, curled up next to me and snoring without a care in the world
Your turn: what’s on your summer good list at the moment?
You May Also Like:
Get the weekly email called 5 Quick Things,
where Tsh shares stuff she either created herself or loved from others. (It can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear.)
You’ll also get an excerpt from her latest book, At Home in the World, a memoir about the school year her family backpacked around the world.