Ep. 94: Attention Spans
We’ve all been there: you settle in with a big book or a longer article, and you just can’t seem to concentrate. Your brain flits from topic to topic, refusing to settle down and focus.
The inability to consume longer-form content is becoming an actual problem in our modern era of smartphones, screens everywhere, and billions of quick soundbite-sized content thrown at us every second. Co-host Haley and I talk about how to keep our brains sharp and focused on what we care about.
It’s not always easy, but it’s important, lest we become a civilization of nothing but memes and GIFs. And we miss out on some truly great longform content.
Links From This Episode:
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley’s podcast, Fountains of Carrots
- Haley on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh’s Alarm clock
- Mercury extension for Chrome
- Longer-form podcasts: Constitutional, Longform, The Liturgists, Overdue
- Haley’s Twitter follow rec: @ebruenig
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Kristin Lavransdatter
- The Turquoise Table, by Kristin Schell
- Reading People, by Anne Bogel
- Casper Mattress
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: