Ep. 94: Attention Spans
We’ve all been there: you settle in with a big book or a longer article, and you just can’t seem to concentrate. Your brain flits from topic to topic, refusing to settle down and focus.
The inability to consume longer-form content is becoming an actual problem in our modern era of smartphones, screens everywhere, and billions of quick soundbite-sized content thrown at us every second. Co-host Haley and I talk about how to keep our brains sharp and focused on what we care about.
It’s not always easy, but it’s important, lest we become a civilization of nothing but memes and GIFs. And we miss out on some truly great longform content.
Links From This Episode:
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Haley's blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley's podcast, Fountains of Carrots
- Haley on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh's Alarm clock
- Mercury extension for Chrome
- Longer-form podcasts: Constitutional, Longform, The Liturgists, Overdue
- Haley's Twitter follow rec: @ebruenig
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Kristin Lavransdatter
- The Turquoise Table, by Kristin Schell
- Reading People, by Anne Bogel
- Casper Mattress
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):