Ep. 90: Eating Locally
Farmer and beekeeper’s wife… There’s no one better to talk to about this than co-host Haley. We know we’re “supposed” to eat local, but what does that look like in the real world?
In the spirit of our no/yes season, we go back and forth and share what we let go of in the name of sanity, even if we’d love to have the time/money/freedom/ability to do [insert local-eating habit here]. But we have managed to do a few things alright in this department, so we talk about those, too.
Chickens, canning, farmer’s markets, and prepackaged food from the grocery store. There’s a place for all of it… and also a place to not make it our thing, guilt-free. It’s all good.
Notes From This Episode:
- Follow the new Simple Show Instagram account!
- Sign up for a CSA
- Find a local farmer’s market
- Wendell Berry’s The Art of the Commonplace: Agrarian Essays
- Michael Pollan’s books
- Haleys blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Share This Episode:
Get the Weekly Email