Ep. 89: What (& How) to Watch Stuff
Game of Thrones. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Poldark. Great British Baking Show. Old Project Runway reruns. Handmaid’s Tale. The umpteen quirky documentaries about everything from food to Banksy.
There are so. many. things. to watch these days. How do you choose what to see with your precious few viewing hours?
To stick with our current theme: what do you say yes and no to?
That’s the topic of this episode of The Simple Show… How to not be overwhelmed by the onslaught of entertainment choices we have right now. They say it’s the Golden Age of television—there’s more than any one person can watch.
If you don’t want to spend your life in front of a screen, yet you do enjoy the occasional movie and TV show, how do you watch what you want to watch without it becoming an addiction, a time suck, or an attempt in futility?
Co-host Kendra Adachi, smart lady of pop culture (among many other things), joins me for this chat.
Links From This Episode:
- Follow the new Simple Show Instagram account!
- Rotten Tomatoes
- The Enneagram (Kendra’s a 1; I’m a 4)
- Are you a Highly Sensitive Person too?
- Chocolat with Johnny Depp
- American Ninja Warrior
- The Popcast
- Jane the Virgin
- Ep. 27: The Lazy Genius Movie Night
- Gilmore Guys
- Alamo Drafthouse
- Come to Portland for the Popcast Live event—Tsh will be the special guest!
- Kendra’s blog, The Lazy Genius Collective
- Kendra on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):