Ep. #8: Put on Your Brave Pants
I love meeting homeschooling women who don’t have their act together, nor do they pretend. Sarah Mackenzie is one of those—and I love that the stuff she writes and talks about is inspiring for non-homeschooling families as well. She’s all about talking about basic stuff, reminding us that those things can go a long way towards making us saner and healthier.
Spiral notebooks, reading aloud, working from a place of rest, and just asking for what you want: all basic things. All good things. That’s what Sarah’s about, and that’s what we talk about in this next episode of The Simple Show.
(If you're reading this via email, head here to listen to the episode.)
Links from this episode:
• Sarah's blog, Amongst Lovely Things
• Sarah's podcast, Read-Aloud Revival (subscribe on iTunes here)
• Sarah's book, Teaching From Rest
• The miraculous spiral notebooks
• Andrew Pudewa
• Jia Jiang at World Domination Summit, speaking on rejection
• Christopher Perrin
• Listen to The Simple Show, episode 6 with Leigh Kramer for more on the Enneagram
• Shauna Niequist (she was on The Simple Show, episode 5!)
• Milk Carton Kids (check out their concert on Tiny Desk and Live from Lincoln Theater—really. Do it.)
• Savor, Pride and Prejudice, Anne Bogel
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):