Ep. 74: “Capsule” Wardrobes
I put the quotes around capsule on purpose on this podcast's title, because we have a more... laissez faire approach to this idea.
Co-host Erin Loechner and I dish about what it means to love everything in your closet—for normal people. She's a professional stylist, so I can't think of anyone better to toss in two cents to this fountain.
Luckily, she's all about wearing what you love more than following strict rules. Creating a capsule wardrobe doesn't mean a uniform of black turtlenecks and jeans a la Steve Jobs—it means loving to wear all that you've got to wear.
Plus, I share the 8 reasons you've told me why it's hard to declutter your wardrobes. Totally understandable.
Links from this Episode:
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh’s book, At Home in the World
- Erin's book, Chasing Slow
- These people wear only one color, the New York Magazine feature
- Unfancy is a great blog that explores the idea of capsule wardrobes
- Capsules don't have to be all gray and beige
- A helpful mindset before you purge your wardrobe
- Tsh's decluttering class, which includes your wardrobes—sign up to be notified when it reopens!
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):