Ep. 67: Adventuring in Your Own Home
We've been talking a lot about travel around here because of my latest book, and of course I love this. I could talk about exploring the world all day.
But what about those times when we just can't hop on a plane? How do we incorporate a love for the world in fun, do-able ways right in our own homes? That's what this chat with co-host Erin Loechner is about.
Books, TV shows, music, food.... There's so many fun ways to infuse a global spirit inside our four walls.
Links from this episode:
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Order Tsh's book, At Home in the World
- Bonus episode on fostering a global worldview
- I'll Have What Phil's Having
- Get my recipe for Turkish pide + 5 other global foods in At Home's Book Club Guide
- World Market
- Everywhere Babies
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Magic Treehouse series
- Caroline Starr Rose's books
- Give Your Child the World, by Jamie Martin
- Everybody Cooks Rice, etc.
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
- Giant IKEA world map is discontinued—see similar
- Soundtracks: Slumdog Millionaire, Chocolat, Midnight in Paris, Buena Vista Social Club, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):