Ep. 57: Hygge
This hard-to-pronounce, hard-to-spell Danish word is everywhere these days, and just like most internet trends, there’s a bit of eye-rolling tossed its way. But, we can’t help it—we like this trend called hygge.
My co-host Erin and I talk about what this word really means, and how we hygge-fy our homes. It’s not about the right blankets or right candles—it’s about the right attitude.
And not at all coincidentally, we also talk about simple ways we brush off the winter blues. Because February can bring ’em, right? Hygge definitely helps.
Links from this episode:
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Erin’s winter blues jar
- Portlandia: Chasing the ray of sunlight
- Aden + Anais blankets
- Smartwool socks
- Flannel shirts from Uniqlo
- Candles: Grove Collaborative, Fraser Fir, Iowa Pine, Wax Buffalo, and Burlap Bag
- Playlists: Remember the Titans, Now & Then, and a new Hygge playlist from Tsh!
- Andrew Peterson’s Be Kind to Yourself
- Tea: Trader Joe’s fall tea, Harvest Blend and Hot Cinnamon Spice tea by Harney & Sons
…And I’m adding the “recipe” for the mocktail I mentioned in this episode, since several of y’all in the comments mentioned looking for it:
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!