Ep. 53: Living Slow
It's the first Simple Show episode of 2017! Erin Loechner and I chat about living slow—what that really means (as in, not just in an internet buzzword-y way), and why there's never a one-for-everyone description for slow, simple living.
We talk about both goals and non-goals, how we deal with the pressure to "be" a certain way, and why knowing how you're made is key to pretty much everything.
Plus, Erin's new book! Seriously—it's so pretty.
“Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it, listen for what it intends to do with you." -Parker Palmer
Notes from this episode:
- Pre-order Erin's book, Chasing Slow—it releases next week!
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Bullet journaling
- Let Your Life Speak, by Parker Palmer (I said the wrong title in our chat!)
- Essentialism, by Greg McKeown
- Tsh's Think Days
- Upstream Field Guide
- Episode 21 with Sarah Harmeyer
- Erin's emails to her daughter
- The truth about minimalism
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):