Ep. 49: Guilt-Free Holidays
It’s officially the thick of the holiday season, and we can hardly believe it. So, co-host Erin Loechner and I talk about how we keep the upcoming festivities sane.
Because we want our kids and us to enjoy the season.
We talk trees (or no trees), crafts (or no crafts), and gifts (or no gifts). We talk Advent, St. Nicholas Day, and Christmas—all 12 days of it.
And we talk about why it’s good to do what sounds lovely and leave the rest, not worrying a bit about whether we’re doing the season “right.” Because what’s “right” is having a low-key, low-stress home.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Listen in here:
Links from this episode:
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Twitter and Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Erin’s movie Advent calendar
- Erin’s toy tree
- 5 (sane) ways to prep now for the holidays
- 6 ways to keep Advent simple & special
- Advent: why it matters
- Advent gatherings in community
- My Advent playlist on Spotify
- When we attempted to do a Jesse Tree, we read this
- The real St. Nicholas
- Why Do They Call It Christmas?, streaming on Amazon
- Erin’s candied pecans
- Vanilla bean ghee
- English toffee
- Check out AoS’s holiday gift guide!
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's patron-only show, The WRLD at Home.
Never miss an episode!
Get the weekly email,
5 Quick Things:
You'll always know when new episodes drop.
(It can be read in under a minute.)