Ep. 45: Anything You Want + Sense & Sensibility
I‘m really excited about another ingredient we’re adding to the Simple Show recipe this fall: book talk. More than chatting with authors (which we’ll still do from time to time), every month or so, my friend Haley and I will talk about a book we recently read and give each other our nickel’s worth of feedback.
We’ll cover everything from fiction to non-fiction, classics to new releases, and everything in between. I love now having an excuse to blather on about what I’m reading!
My book choice for this episode is Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Siver, and Haley’s got the beloved Jane Austen classic, Sense & Sensibility.
Links from this episode:
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michelmas
- Haley on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Sense & Sensibility, by Jane Austen
- Karen Savage on Librivox
- Sense & Sensibility films—by Ang Lee, and produced by iTV
- Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Siver
- 1000 True Fans
- David Ramirez, The Rooster and his song, Bad Days
- Seabear, and their song I’ll Build You a Fire
- Andrew Bird’s latest album, Are You Serious
- Kyle and I saw him in concert!
- Andrew’s recent Tiny Desk concert
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):