Ep. 31: Born for This
When you hear the word “noncomformist,” your imagination might conjure up a black-sheep rogue protestor dancing in the streets. If you hear “dominating the world,” the first thing that comes to mind might be what first came to my mind—Pinky and the Brain.
Chris Guillebeau is one of the nicest, most generous guys I know, and yet he’s a big believer in both those things. I first went to one of his gatherings four years ago, and I was blown away by the friendly ambience, the welcoming spirit, and the breadth of information I learned. He’s a connector.
He’s also a traveler and author, and those are some of my favorite people. We’re cut from the same cloth.
In this chat, we talk about when he traveled to every country in the world, what happened when he wrote a brief guide to world domination (it’s not what you think), working a side hustle, and his new book, Born For This: How To Find The Work You Were Meant To Do.
Links from this episode:
- Chris’ blog
- Chris on Twitter and Instagram
- Born For This, his new book
- Take the Born For This quiz!
- Chris’ other books
- Chris’ brief guide to world domination
- World Domination Summit
- I’m leading an Academy again at WDS this year, this time with my friend Stephanie! Join us?
- Chris’ favorite thing: People excited about starting a “side hustle”
- Tsh’s favorite thing: Ready Player One on audio, read by Wil Wheaton
- Head here for my super-simple steps to start a blog!