Ep. 25: Raising Kids on Harry Potter
Whenever I get asked the same question enough times, that’s usually a sign for me to do something about it—whether that’s write a post on the subject, or create a resource page here on the blog, write a book or course…. Or in this episode’s case, record a podcast.
Lots of listeners have asked me the simple but broad (and sometimes loaded) question, “How and when should I introduce my kids to Harry Potter?”
In this episode I asked one of my great friends (and AoS contributing writer), Robin Dance, to join this chat. She’s on the other side of this parenting journey. My three kids are between ages 5 and 11, yet Robin’s three kids are all in their late teens/early twenties and out of the house.
In our chat, we talk about all things raising kids around Harry Potter: Is there a magic age for the series? How about the naysayers in our life? What powerful life lessons can be drawn from the series, and how does that affect and steer our parenting?
Listen in here:
(If you’re reading this via email, head here to listen to the episode.)
Links from this episode:
- Robin’s Blog
- Robin on Instagram and Twitter
- The Harry Potter complete set, of course
- Vault episode of The Simple Show: Episode 3 with Megan Tietz is all about HP
- Tsh’s blog, The Art of Simple
- Tsh on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Robin’s favorite thing: The Gift of Friendship by Dawn Camp
- Tsh’s favorite thing: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is coming out!
- And bonus—Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a-comin’. I said this summer, but it’s actually not till November. Either way, woot!
For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here!
Don’t forget to leave a quick review in iTunes—it’s an easy way to support the show! Head here.
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: