Tech + Family + Creativity | 209
Springboarding off her deep-dive this week into the 11 books Tsh read on her month-long sabbatical, in this episode she chats with Andrea about how to keep technology in its proper place at home, and the different steps her family is taking to keep away screen addiction and prioritize healthy relationships. This idea comes from one of her favorite reads, The Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch.
Andrea talks about something similar — she’s recently realized that her smartphone used to be a portal for her creativity, but now it’s become a block. She chats with Tsh about why she thinks that is, what she plans to do about it, and the article written five years ago that changed her perspective on screens.
Links From This Episode:
- Andrea on Instagram
- Andrea’s website
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- The Tech-Wise Family by Andy Crouch
- Google WiFi system
- 5 Benefits to to My Month-Long Screen Break by Tsh
- “Reboot or Die Trying” by David Roberts
- Ep. 94: Attention Spans
- “Here’s Why Instagram Is Going To Hide Your Likes“
- “The Perils of ‘Sharenting‘”
- Become a patron and help make this show happen
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- Kindly leave a review
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download the transcript for this episode
You can find new episodes of Simple, completely ad-free, on Stitcher Premium. For a free month of Stitcher Premium, go to stitcherpremium.com/wondery and use promo code ‘WONDERY’.
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):