Sabbaticals + Work | 208
This summer I took a whole month off my work and stepped away from all screens. (Spoiler: it was fantastic!) In this chat with Crystal, I get into both the professional and personal lessons I learned. Crystal is also self-employed (but in a different way), so she talks about the value of knowing yourself really well so you can focus on the right type of work for you. She’s learned a ton over the years what’s important to her, and thinks we can all benefit from thinking through this stuff.
- To Double Down on Being Human by Tsh
- Want to Work For Yourself? First You Need to Know Yourself by Crystal
Links From This Episode:
- Crystal on Instagram
- Crystal’s website
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Tsh’s thoughts about taking a screen break
- Caroline talks about let-down effect in her summer good list
- Most developed countries require employers to give around a month of vacation time
- Every Leader Needs a Sabbatical
- Seth Godin says don’t steal metrics
- Become a patron and help make this show happen
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- Kindly leave a review
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download the transcript for this episode
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):