A Multicultural Family + My Good List | 197
The U.S. is a melting pot, so what does it look like to incorporate your ancestral heritage into your day-to-day family life? Tsh chats with Jacqui Skemp, who shares small, simple ways she weaves her culture — as a first-generation Mexican American — at home with her husband and small children. She also gives us a short-and-sweet good list update: four things currently making her life sweeter.
Links From This Episode:
- Jacqui’s blog, Mexican Domestic Goddess
- Jacqui on Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Goodnight Moon / Buenas Noches, Luna, by Margaret Wise Brown
- Lil’ Libros
- Simple Ep. 192: Fasting, Feasting & Intuitive Eating
- Coming Home, by Leon Bridges
- Simple Ep. 78: Summer Hospitality & Entertaining
- Sign up for my Travels With Tsh Guides!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download this episode’s transcript
You can find new episodes of Simple, completely ad-free, only on Stitcher Premium. For a free month of Stitcher Premium, go to stitcherpremium.com/wondery and use promo code ‘WONDERY.’
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):