Teaching + Nature | 194
What’s important about learning the names of things like flowers, trees, frogs — the stuff we usually drive by and don’t think about? Andrea’s loved nature since she was a kid, but she’s re-embraced this side of her as a city-dwelling adult. She gets into why paying attention to nature is important, and also shares practical tips for getting into this wherever we live.
And with a few weeks of the school year, I’m talking about what I’ve learned after a year of teaching high school English. I am still very much a beginner here and will continue to learn as I keep going.
For the third segment. I am joined by Hayley Stewart, where we get into the liturgical calendar and what’s in store for us in May.
Links From This Episode:
- Andrea on Instagram
- Andrea’s website
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- “Nature is everywhere—we just need to learn to see it.” TED Talk by Emma Marris
- The Nature Fix, by Florence Williams
- PlantSnap app
- TreeBook app
- The Audubon Bird Guide app
- iNaturalist app
- Our Planet
- Round Planet
- Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson
- Last Child in the Woods, Richard Louv
- Roadside Geology
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Sign up to hear when the Travels With Tsh Guides release
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download the transcript for this episode
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):