Placemaking | 185
We’ve got another in our series called My Good List: a thing, a habit, a work of art, and a philosophy. (Don't worry, we're not nixing our new format! We're simply still doing MGLs every now and then...)
I’m talking to my friend Christie Purifoy, a former English professor turned writer and gardener. She’s got a new book out called Placemaker, and it’s all about what it means to actually lean in to your soul’s desire for beauty and the need to create, instead of stuffing or ignoring it — and why the cultivation of good and beautiful places isn’t a retreat from the “real world” - it’s a response to it.
Then in the third segment, Stephanie Langford and I answer another one of your travel questions.
(p.s. - Yes, there's a faint clicking sound in the background… we're aware, and we apologize.)
Links From This Episode:
- Christie's website
- Christie on Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Placemaker, by Christie Purifoy
- Roots & Sky, by Christie Purifoy
- Hario V60 Olive Wood Stand Set
- The Inner Voice of Love, by Henri Nouwen
- "The Summer Day" by Mary Oliver
- Living Prayer, by Robert Benson
- Stephanie on Instagram
- Wonderling Family
- Willing Workers On Organic Farms
- Thrifty Nomads
- Ep. 118, where Steph & Tsh talk about saving money to travel
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- Like Your Life is open!
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download this episode's transcript
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):