Busyness + Gurus | 184
What happens when you're hit with the truth that you're WAY busier than you thought you were? Katherine shares real-talk truth she gleaned after she wrote out a recent day-in-the-life recap — seeing her day broken down by the hour helped her realize a truth lots of us can relate to: she's busier than she wants to be.
Then Tsh shares what she's learned about why she's felt overwhelmed by reading more non-fiction recently: too many gurus. She shares four ways to keep these smart-but-distant people at arm’s length.
Links From This Episode:
- Katherine on Twitter
- Katherine's website
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Maker vs. Manager schedule
- "How to Gain Control of Your Free Time", a TED Talk with Laura Vanderkam
- "The Unbusy Pastor", by Eugene Peterson
- On Reading Well, by Karen Swallow Prior
- Atomic Habits, by James Clear
- What I Read in January, by Tsh
- Dunbar's number
- Yes, Please, by Amy Poehler
- Haley's blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- The Liturgical Calendar (2/3) - Episode 165
- Radio transcripts of Oscar Romero: The Scandal of Redemption
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- Like Your Life is open!
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Download this episode's transcript
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):