Founding a Crafting School | 174
Jo Ellis started a nonprofit crafting school in her small town, where she and others in the community use their different crafting skills like sewing, quilting, felting, and painting to make an impact in her small town.
She first saw overseas how teaching something like sewing could change the attitude, perspective, and even future of young women, so when she returned home, she wanted to impart that same idea in her community.
Links From This Episode:
- MakeDo, Jo’s crafting school
- MakeDo on Facebook & Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Follow Art of Simple on Instagram!
- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L’Engle
- Check out our Holiday Gift Guide
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here