Work: Cookbook Author | 170
Sonja Overhiser worked in the business world for 13 years before stepping out to run her food media business with her husband, Alex. When they became parents through adoption, they wanted to transition to a more flexible lifestyle.
They stepped away from their day jobs and dove into this world of food media full-time — a risky but ultimately fulfilling decision, because their cookbook released on their son's first birthday!
Sonja says their adoption process was difficult, so writing the book became a lifeline for them. Their main business is recipe development and brand ambassadorship for major national brands, and ultimately, they love working from home together about something they love: food.
Links From This Episode:
- A Couple Cooks
- A Couple Cooks on Instagram & YouTube
- A Couple Cooks Small Bites Podcast
- Their cookbook, Pretty Simple Cooking
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Check out our Holiday Gift Guide!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here.
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):