Ep. #17: Handling Well-Meaning Gift Givers
Next up in our Ask Tsh podcast series, I’m tackling one of the questions I get asked more than just about any other.
Listener Jackie asks, “How do you deal with grandparents and relatives who give WAY too many gifts to your kids for Christmas, especially gifts you don’t really like anyway? I just don’t know what to do.”
Great question. In this short episode, I’m asking you to click over to this post and share your wisdom in the comments section here, because quite honestly, we’re fortunate in our family to have grandparents that don’t overdo the gift giving too much, and they usually respect our ethos of what would make well-loved gifts for our family.
It’s unfair for me to answer with any sort of expert voice, because well, I’m not one, so I’d love it if you shared your tips in the comments section. Thanks.
(If you’re reading this via email, head here to listen to the episode.)
- Our 2015 Holiday Gift Guide
- How to avoid relationship strain on gift-giving occasions—an oldie but a goodie here on the blog
- Classic toys that are worth the money—for younger kids
- Some of our favorite read-aloud chapter books—also for younger kids; could make a good family gift
- Head here to sign up for my newsletter, and you’ll get the skinny on what we’re getting the kids this year!
And again, head here to ask your question for future episodes of Ask Tsh.
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):