The Liturgical Calendar (3/3) | 167
In Part 1, we kicked off the series with a broad brushstroke intro to the liturgical calendar, along with a quick back-story of our faith and where we are now. In Part 2, we got into Lent, Eastertide, Ordinary Time, and a few other things.
For this final part, we’re covering Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Candlemas, and a few Saints days (like St. Nicholas Day), all just in time for us starting a new liturgical year in just a few weeks. Because as you remember, the ‘new year’ on a liturgical calendar is the first day of Advent... This year, that's Sunday, December 2!
Links From This Episode:
- The Liturgical Calendar, Parts 1 and 2
- Haley's blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- A Simple Advent Guide, written by yours truly!
- Also, head here to check out lots of other Advent resources
- The Grace of Enough, by Haley — her new book!
- Feast! Real Food, Reflections, and Simple Living for the Christian Year, by Haley
- More Feasts! Celebrating Saints and Seasons with Simple Real Food Recipes, by Haley
- Sacred Ordinary Days planner (this link gives you $10 off!)
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):