The Liturgical Calendar (3/3) | 167
In Part 1, we kicked off the series with a broad brushstroke intro to the liturgical calendar, along with a quick back-story of our faith and where we are now. In Part 2, we got into Lent, Eastertide, Ordinary Time, and a few other things.
For this final part, we’re covering Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Candlemas, and a few Saints days (like St. Nicholas Day), all just in time for us starting a new liturgical year in just a few weeks. Because as you remember, the ‘new year’ on a liturgical calendar is the first day of Advent… This year, that’s Sunday, December 2!
Links From This Episode:
- The Liturgical Calendar, Parts 1 and 2
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- A Simple Advent Guide, written by yours truly!
- Also, head here to check out lots of other Advent resources
- The Grace of Enough, by Haley — her new book!
- Feast! Real Food, Reflections, and Simple Living for the Christian Year, by Haley
- More Feasts! Celebrating Saints and Seasons with Simple Real Food Recipes, by Haley
- Sacred Ordinary Days planner (this link gives you $10 off!)
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Get the Weekly Email