Work: A Social Entrepreneur | 166
Liz Bohannon is the founder of Sseko Designs, a company that designs and sells footwear, accessories, bags, and more — but it’s not just a basic retail model.
It’s a fashion brand based in Uganda, and Liz founded it as a way to generate income for high potential, talented young women in Uganda to continue on to university. And it's worked! Every woman who’s graduated from Sseko has gone on to pursue higher education and is on her way to making our world a more beautiful place.
Links From This Episode:
- Sseko Designs
- Sseko Designs on Instagram
- Liz Bohannon on Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- The Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent
- Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here.
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):