The Liturgical Calendar (1/3) | 163
If there’s one topic I’ve been asked more about this year, it’s for us to do a big ol’ 101 on what the heck is the liturgical calendar, and how Haley and I recognize it in our lives.
Some of you know that a few years ago I was confirmed in the Anglican church after more than 3 decades in a purely evangelical, non-denominational framework, and Haley has been a Catholic for not quite a decade. So, neither of us grew up in a liturgical setting, but we’re both now are immersed in that world (albeit in different ones from each other).
But both these expressions of Christianity follow what’s called the “liturgical calendar,” so in this 3-part series, we’re gonna get into it — and how you can participate as big or as small as you want, no matter your faith tradition.
Links From This Episode:
- Haley’s blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- A Simple Advent Guide, written by yours truly!
- The Grace of Enough, by Haley — her new book!
- Feast! Real Food, Reflections, and Simple Living for the Christian Year, by Haley
- More Feasts! Celebrating Saints and Seasons with Simple Real Food Recipes, by Haley
- Harry Potter and Hallowtide
- How Hogwarts Prepared Me for the Liturgical Year
- Living the Christian Year, by Bobby Gross
- The Anglican Way, by Thomas Mackenzie
- Sacred Ordinary Days planner (this link gives you $10 off!)
- Memento Mori
- The Catholic Home, by Meredith Gould
- Circle of Seasons, by Kimberley Conway Ireton
- The Catholic All Year Compendium, by Kendra Tierney
- Around the Year with the Von Trapp Family, by Maria Von Trapp
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Get the Weekly Email