Work: A City Commissioner | 161
Awhile back I talked to Sarah Stewart Holland, so in case you missed it the first time, you're in for a treat... You might know her as one half of the podcast Pantsuit Politics, but I wanted to talk to her about another gig she does: Sarah is a city commissioner of her small Kentucky town, Paducah, where she spends a lot of her workday making decisions that make where she lives a better place.
She shares about the ins and outs of what it means to be a city commissioner in a small community. And she’s open and honest about the hurdles she jumped to become a young woman and mom who spins a lot of plates to use her passion for politics to serve her town.
Links From This Episode:
- Sarah on Twitter & Instagram
- Pantsuit Politics & The Nuanced Life
- Emerge America
- Update from Sarah: thoughts post-2018 midterm elections
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Raising Ms. President
- Less Than Angels, by Barbara Pym
- What She Ate, by Laura Shapiro
- The Vegetarian, by Han Kang
- A Man Called Ove, Fredrik Backman
- A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
- Take our survey!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):