Work: A City Commissioner | 161
Awhile back I talked to Sarah Stewart Holland, so in case you missed it the first time, you’re in for a treat… You might know her as one half of the podcast Pantsuit Politics, but I wanted to talk to her about another gig she does: Sarah is a city commissioner of her small Kentucky town, Paducah, where she spends a lot of her workday making decisions that make where she lives a better place.
She shares about the ins and outs of what it means to be a city commissioner in a small community. And she’s open and honest about the hurdles she jumped to become a young woman and mom who spins a lot of plates to use her passion for politics to serve her town.
Links From This Episode:
- Sarah on Twitter & Instagram
- Pantsuit Politics & The Nuanced Life
- Emerge America
- Update from Sarah: thoughts post-2018 midterm elections
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Raising Ms. President
- Less Than Angels, by Barbara Pym
- What She Ate, by Laura Shapiro
- The Vegetarian, by Han Kang
- A Man Called Ove, Fredrik Backman
- A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles
- Take our survey!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Get the Weekly Email