Work: A Rum Distiller | 160
Karen Hoskin is a rum distiller: that’s pretty cool, right? But here’s what’s especially interesting about Karen: She’s a woman in a field where there’s simply not a lot of women, she had no experience making rum (or any sort of liquor, really) when she began, and… a rum distiller in Colorado? That’s an unusual place for making rum.
But Karen’s never shied away from being a leader and starting new things — in fact, she’s also the founder and owner of Zoetica, a shop that specializes in zero-waste travel and food kits. So basically, it’s a shame that Karen just sits on the sidelines, you know?
Links From This Episode:
- Montanya Distillers
- Montanya on Instagram and Twitter
- Zoetica on Instagram and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
- Take our survey!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here.
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):