Work: A Rum Distiller | 160
Karen Hoskin is a rum distiller: that’s pretty cool, right? But here’s what’s especially interesting about Karen: She’s a woman in a field where there’s simply not a lot of women, she had no experience making rum (or any sort of liquor, really) when she began, and… a rum distiller in Colorado? That’s an unusual place for making rum.
But Karen’s never shied away from being a leader and starting new things — in fact, she’s also the founder and owner of Zoetica, a shop that specializes in zero-waste travel and food kits. So basically, it’s a shame that Karen just sits on the sidelines, you know?
Links From This Episode:
- Montanya Distillers
- Montanya on Instagram and Twitter
- Zoetica on Instagram and Facebook
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
- Take our survey!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here.