Work: A Literary Agent | 157
Jenni Burke is an unassuming literary agent, because she’s one of the nicest people in the world to talk to, but the woman can get things DONE when it comes to contracts, business negotiations, and representing her authors well.
I love her approach and philosophy of slow publishing, authors living well so they don’t burn out, and writing from a genuine place of having something to say instead of writing just to publish something.
Plus, spoiler alert: she’s actually my literary agent, and as both an author and a friend, I couldn’t love her more.
Links From This Episode:
- DC Jacobson & Associates
- Jenni on Instagram
- #TuscanyWritersRetreat on Instagram!
- Tsh on Twitter & Instagram
- A Circle of Quiet, by Madeline L’Engle
- The Wisdom of the Enneagram, by Don Riso & Russ Hudson
- Rhythms of Rest, by Shelley Miller
- October 20 (next weekend!), I’ll be at Nest Fest and at The Popcast Live — come say hi!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here