Work: Consultants for Teachers | 152
Allison Marchetti and Rebekah O’Dell are in business together, and they’re good friends. They’ve taught middle and high school students at all levels, in both public and independent schools, and from inclusion to AP and IB classes.
Now, they travel the country to work with teachers and students to provide inspiration, helping educators do the hard-and-transformative work of teaching writing. Allison and Rebekah believe in the power of choice, authenticity, and students’ voices in the reading and writing classroom.
Notes From This Episode:
- Allison & Rebekah's site, Moving Writers
- Allison on Twitter & Rebekah on Twitter
- Their books, Writing With Mentors and Beyond Literary Analysis
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
- Varina, by Charles Frazier
- Bachelor Nation, by Amy Kaufman
- Raising Your Spirited Child, by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Dear Ijeawele, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Peace Like a River, by Leif Enger
- In October, I'll be at Nest Fest and at The Popcast Live — come say hi!
- Kindly leave a review
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):