What’s Saving My Life | 145
A few weeks ago, I talked with Bethany Rydmark; she’s the one who started the PDX Food Swap in Portland. After we chatted, I also asked her about what’s saving her life right now.
This is a thing we do here on the pod every now and then; this idea is taken from Barbara Brown Taylor, a writer who, in her book, An Altar in the World, she talks about how easy it is to focus on the things that are making everything harder, and that instead, we need to remember to look around and notice: what are the little things that are making everything a bit better?
Bethany shares a few things she’s loving right now.
I hope you enjoy this short chat, because down the road, we’ll be doing more of these — I might ask a favorite guest from our work episodes to come back on, or another friend or co-host you love hearing from — or even some of you lovely patrons!
After my chat with Bethany, I’m sharing a little something I’ve got available for you right now that’s only open right now, so hang on to the end for that. I think you’ll really like it.
Notes From This Episode:
- Enroll in Like Your Life during the fall flash sale! It ends tomorrow.
- Bainbridge Island
- God of Loss music video
- Darlingside on Tiny Desk
- Big Dreams, Small Spaces on Netflix
- Bethany’s blog, Two Oregonians
- Bethany on Instagram
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to The WRLD at Home
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Get the Weekly Email