Work: A Math Teacher | 144
It’s the start of a new school year for most of us right now, so I figured: what better way to celebrate the amazing work our kids’ teachers do than share a conversation I’ve had with one?
Rissie Lundberg is a math teacher at an all-girls high school, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and she’s part of a mathematics department made up entirely of women — which is actually pretty rare, even in a girls’ school. She absolutely adores what she does, both getting her hands dirty in math, and inspiring girls to love it as much as she does.
Notes From This Episode:
- Rissie’s school and Instagram
- Rissie’s Instagram
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- The Calculus of Friendship, by Steven Strogatz
- Educated, by Tara Westover
- The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls
- Wonder, by RJ Palacio
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here