Work: A Math Teacher | 144
It’s the start of a new school year for most of us right now, so I figured: what better way to celebrate the amazing work our kids’ teachers do than share a conversation I’ve had with one?
Rissie Lundberg is a math teacher at an all-girls high school, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and she’s part of a mathematics department made up entirely of women — which is actually pretty rare, even in a girls’ school. She absolutely adores what she does, both getting her hands dirty in math, and inspiring girls to love it as much as she does.
Notes From This Episode:
- Rissie's school and Instagram
- Rissie's Instagram
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- The Calculus of Friendship, by Steven Strogatz
- Educated, by Tara Westover
- The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls
- Wonder, by RJ Palacio
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):