Work: A Magazine Editor | 142
Andrea Debbink is an editor at American Girl magazine, the beloved magazine you’ve probably seen in bookstores and is read by so many girls over the years. You might have read it when you were a young girl.
She creates a lot of the content their readers love, like recipes, crafts, stories, and beyond. In fact, she recently relaunched one of her favorite segments from the magazine from when she was a young reader herself: Featuring inspiring women from history, "Who's That Girl?" shows how ordinary girls became women who made their mark on the world.
Andrea also recently wrote her first book, Spark, to encourage her beloved young readers to tap into their creativity, whether that's baking, coding, painting, writing, or whatever they dream up.
Notes From This Episode:
- Andrea's new book, Spark: A Guide to Ignite the Creativity Inside You
- Andrea's website
- Andrea on Instagram
- American Girl magazine
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- How to Stop Time, by Matt Haig
- The Genius of Birds, by Jennifer Ackerman
- The Hidden Life of Trees, by Peter Wohlleben
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to my secret show
- Sign up for 5 Quick Things, the weekly email
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):