Ep. 132: Grown-Upping the Summer (3/4)
Keeping on in our series on making the most of our summer — beyond just making them fun for kids — for the next two episodes, Kendra and I each tap into our wheelhouses and help each other.
First up... I'm helping Kendra prep for her family's summer vacation. She admits they don't travel much, and well — we do quite a bit. So in this chat, you'll hear me walk her through the ins and outs of packing, roadtripping, and guesthouse life.
Most of all, we get into the most important key to successful family travel: mindset. Because if you go in thinking it'll be just like traveling with only adults, you'll be in for a surprise. But if you're willing to embrace the reality of travel with kids, you might find it's more fun than you imagined.
Links From This Episode:
- Kendra’s blog + podcast, The Lazy Genius Collective
- Kendra on Instagram
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- The Lazy Genius Summer Survival Guide
- My travel memoir, At Home in the World
- Literary London!
- Women’s Work, my other podcast
- Become a patron: Support this podcast + get access to The WRLD at Home!
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):