Ep. 123: Social Self-Care (3/4)
Yeah, it seems weird to say storytelling is part of self-care, much less social self-care — but hear us out. Haley and I talk about why infusing our lives with good stories makes us better people, and therefore, better members of society.
Stories inform our moral imagination, a place to hang wisdom and complicated ideas, and teach us what collectively matters to us: we’re designed to learn, love, and carry stories with us.
Notes From This Episode:
- Social Self-Care, Part 1
- Social Self-Care, Part 2
- Follow The Simple Show on Instagram
- Haleys blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
- Haley's new ebook, The Literary Medicine Cabinet: A Guide to Self-Care Through Good Books (Get $1 off with code SIMPLESHOW)
- Brideshead Revisited
- Mad Men
- Need to Know
- Dark Matter (plus the episode where I talk about this book)
- Harry Potter and the Sacred Text
- The Brothers Karamazov
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
- The WRLD at Home: coming soon!
- Our previous episode on longform
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Thanks to Ivory for sponsoring this episode!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):