Ep. 123: Social Self-Care (3/4)
Yeah, it seems weird to say storytelling is part of self-care, much less social self-care — but hear us out. Haley and I talk about why infusing our lives with good stories makes us better people, and therefore, better members of society.
Stories inform our moral imagination, a place to hang wisdom and complicated ideas, and teach us what collectively matters to us: we’re designed to learn, love, and carry stories with us.
Notes From This Episode:
- Social Self-Care, Part 1
- Social Self-Care, Part 2
- Follow The Simple Show on Instagram
- Haleys blog, Carrots for Michaelmas
- Haley on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
- Haley’s new ebook, The Literary Medicine Cabinet: A Guide to Self-Care Through Good Books (Get $1 off with code SIMPLESHOW)
- Brideshead Revisited
- Mad Men
- Need to Know
- Dark Matter (plus the episode where I talk about this book)
- Harry Potter and the Sacred Text
- The Brothers Karamazov
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
- The WRLD at Home: coming soon!
- Our previous episode on longform
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- Thanks to Ivory for sponsoring this episode!
Share This Episode:
Get the Weekly Email