Ep. 120: Making the Most of 2 Weeks Off (4/4)
We’re wrapping up this deep-dive on travel with Part 4: making it meaningful, both while you’re on the road and when you return. Because it’s all well and good to plan adventures and get excited, but what about bonding? Loving the experience? Making memories? And coming home well?
Steph and I talk debriefing—landing the plane relationally and emotionally—as well as soaking in the moment while you’re there. When you embrace not being able to do everything, it’s easier to be fully in the moment. And this, after all, is what makes travel worth it.
Notes From This Episode
- Follow The Simple Show on Instagram
- Stephanie on Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Our previous travel-themed Simple Show episodes:
- Ep. 117: Making the Most of 2 Weeks Off (1/4)
- Ep. 118: Making the Most of 2 Weeks Off (2/4)
- Ep. 119: Making the Most of 2 Weeks Off (3/4)
- Ep. 99: Holiday Roadtrips
- Ep. 79: Best Places to Travel
- Ep. 77: Summer Family Roadtrips
- Ep. 75: Travel Food & Flights
- Ep. 66: The Harder Parts of Travel
- Ep. 62: Travel Anxiety, Safety, & Health
- Ep. 58: The World’s Best/Most Cities
- Ep. 54: Trip Planning & Staying Home
- Ep. 47: Packing Light
- My book, At Home in the World
- Sign up for my personal letter!
- For any links and codes from all our lovely sponsors, head here
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):