Ep. 118: Making the Most of 2 Weeks Off (2/4)
Continuing our series on travel, in this episode (and in the one after), Stephanie and I break down the prepping that has to happen in order to make a trip happen. This is the part that keeps many people from doing more than a weekend away at the in-laws, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
We talk about saving money beforehand, scoring the best flights, cutting costs out on the road (it all has to do with when and where), finding the best-for-you housing, and of course, packing light.
We also break down 3 potential options for you to consider, from closest-and-minimal-commitment to dare-to-dream-big.
Notes From This Episode
- Follow The Simple Show on Instagram
- Stephanie on Instagram
- Tsh on Twitter and Instagram
- Our previous travel-themed Simple Show episodes:
- Ep. 117: Making the Most of 2 Weeks Off (1/4)
- Ep. 99: Holiday Roadtrips
- Ep. 79: Best Places to Travel
- Ep. 77: Summer Family Roadtrips
- Ep. 75: Travel Food & Flights
- Ep. 66: The Harder Parts of Travel
- Ep. 62: Travel Anxiety, Safety, & Health
- Ep. 58: The World’s Best/Most Cities
- Ep. 54: Trip Planning & Staying Home
- Ep. 47: Packing Light
- My book, At Home in the World
- Home Exchange
- Capital One 360 (our online bank)
- Tsh’s travel resources
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
- …And don’t forget to get your free Mrs. Meyers from Grove! It’s only for a few days.
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):