Ep. 112: Knowing the News (3/3)
Wrapping up our deep-dive on staying informed without losing your mind… In part 3, Erin and I talk about the how. How do we keep up with things in a healthy, sanity-saving way?
Part 1 covered the What of news, part 2 covered the Why—the good reasons to keep up with it, and this final part gives you some practical how-tos. I hope you enjoy this new format as much as we do!
Links From This Episode:
- First in this series: Ep. 110—the what of Knowing the News
- Second in this series: Ep. 111—the why of Knowing the News
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- Erin’s post, How to Stay Informed (Without Getting Overwhelmed)—this served as a catalyst for this whole series
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Our recommended resources to stay sanely informed:
- Politifact (though it’s not always perfect, as this points out)
- Here’s Erin’s husband’s history book—though we recommend any recent, well-researched history textbook
- Good Newspaper!
- Pantsuit Politics, Tsh’s recommended political podcast (check out co-host Sarah on episode 1 of Women’s Work, Tsh’s other podcast!)
- NPR Politics podcast
- Good people to follow on Twitter: Dara Mathis, David French, Clint Smith, Richard Painter, Luvvie, Michael Wear, Deray, Elizabeth Bruenig, Jason Kander, Yashar Ali, David Fahrenthold, Tim Miller
- Find almost any newspaper in the world
- And find your local newspaper so you can subscribe!
Next week, we start a new series, this time with co-host Kendra. Get ready!
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's patron-only show, The WRLD at Home.
Never miss an episode!
Get the weekly email,
5 Quick Things:
You'll always know when new episodes drop.
(It can be read in under a minute.)