Ep. 112: Knowing the News (3/3)
Wrapping up our deep-dive on staying informed without losing your mind… In part 3, Erin and I talk about the how. How do we keep up with things in a healthy, sanity-saving way?
Part 1 covered the What of news, part 2 covered the Why—the good reasons to keep up with it, and this final part gives you some practical how-tos. I hope you enjoy this new format as much as we do!
Links From This Episode:
- First in this series: Ep. 110—the what of Knowing the News
- Second in this series: Ep. 111—the why of Knowing the News
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- Erin’s post, How to Stay Informed (Without Getting Overwhelmed)—this served as a catalyst for this whole series
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Our recommended resources to stay sanely informed:
- Politifact (though it’s not always perfect, as this points out)
- Here’s Erin’s husband’s history book—though we recommend any recent, well-researched history textbook
- Good Newspaper!
- Pantsuit Politics, Tsh’s recommended political podcast (check out co-host Sarah on episode 1 of Women’s Work, Tsh’s other podcast!)
- NPR Politics podcast
- Good people to follow on Twitter: Dara Mathis, David French, Clint Smith, Richard Painter, Luvvie, Michael Wear, Deray, Elizabeth Bruenig, Jason Kander, Yashar Ali, David Fahrenthold, Tim Miller
- Find almost any newspaper in the world
- And find your local newspaper so you can subscribe!
Next week, we start a new series, this time with co-host Kendra. Get ready!
Share This Episode:
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's secret weekly show on how to explore the world without leaving your house.
Get the Weekly Email
Tsh will send you her short email, 5 Quick Things, so you'll know whenever a new episode drops (it can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear):