Ep. 111: Knowing the News (2/3)
Continuing on from the last episode, Erin and I continue our discussion on staying informed without losing our minds. In this one: why? Why is it a good thing to keep up with the news?
It’s a noble assumption that keeping up with the news makes us better people… but when is it harmful to us? We talk about the wrong sorts of whys for staying informed—and the healthier, better, more sustainable-in-the-long-term reasons for knowing what’s going on.
- First in this series: Ep. 110—the what of Knowing the News
- Follow The Simple Show on Instagram
- Follow Women’s Work on Instagram! (starts January 25—this Tuesday!)
- Erin’s blog, Design for Mankind
- Erin on Instagram and Twitter
- Tsh (me) on Instagram and Twitter
- Women’s Work, Tsh’s new podcast!
- Information is Food, Erin’s TED talk rec
- Amusing Ourselves to Death
- When Helping Hurts
- Jeremy Courtney of Preemptive Love
- For any links and codes from our lovely sponsors, head here
Never miss an episode!
Get our weekly email, 5 Quick Things:
(It can be read in under a minute.)
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts: