Ep. 102: Cultivating New Things
Kendra and I have talked about quitting things before… but in this chat, we go a little deeper, beyond just Here are 10 Ways to Know You Should Quit Something. Here, we’re talking about the why—why it’s okay to move on from things. Even good things.
Maybe this is you… It’s hard for you to admit the natural shifts in life because it means needing to quit something—and quitting feels like failure. (Spoiler alert: It’s not.)
Or maybe you’re more like me, where once you decide to end something so you can move on to something new, you just want it to happen already. Quitting the old and starting the new feels really good.
“Why hasn’t it already happened?”
(P.S., I just love that we’re unveiling our new site design with an episode about quitting stuff… I’ve been dying to show you this new layout and move on from our old one for months. Months, I tell you!)
At first, Kendra thinks she’s not good at quitting. By the end of this episode, she admits that maybe she’s not so bad at this after all.
Links From This Episode:
- The Simple Show on Instagram
- Kendra’s blog + podcast, The Lazy Genius Collective
- Kendra on Instagram
- Tsh on Instagram and Twitter
- Ep. 40: Knowing When to Quit
- Ep. 87: Quitting Can Be Good
- The Next Right Thing episode, Make The Most Important List
- Like Your Life, Tsh’s course created to help you Figure Things Out
- The Lazy Genius Podcast #35: The Holiday Game Plan
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- On partial solutions
- Say goodbye with a bridge
- Jack Johnson (But I’ve since changed my answer to Lord Huron)
- Stacy Lantz
- Kendra on Spotify
- Tsh on Spotify
- Get Aaptiv free for 30 days by heading here and using the code THEARTOFSIMPLE
- Get Skillshare free for a month by heading here and using the code SIMPLE
Become a Patron!
When you do, you'll also get Tsh's patron-only show, The WRLD at Home.
Never miss an episode!
Get the weekly email,
5 Quick Things:
You'll always know when new episodes drop.
(It can be read in under a minute.)