From the archives: 14 repurposing crafts to inspire you this Earth Day
Written by editor Nicole Bennett of Gidget Goes Home.
Happy Earth Day, everyone!
Over the last few years, we've had some amazing contributors on board, in addition to our editorial team, who have come up with creative ways to repurpose things into new creations, rather than simply tossing them in the trash.
Today as we celebrate the good planet we call home and take a minute to think about taking care of it, let's revisit some of the great crafty posts we've had over the years here on Simple Homemade that repurpose materials into new things or use otherwise eco-friendly supplies.
- Repurposing t-shirts
- How to make an oversized boat tee
- Repurposing sweaters
- How to upcycle a dress shirt into an infinity scarf
- DIY kids' travel lap desk
- How we remember and repurpose kids' artwork
- Upcycled frame hair clip organizer
For the home
- DIY draft dodger
- How to repurpose old receiving blankets into a warm blanket
- Four creative ways to repurpose tin cans
- How to make an Instagram photo board
- How we made a custom palapa
- Eight ways to reuse glass jars
- No-sew bunting with vintage fabrics
Do you have a green craft to share or link-up to, on your blog or that you've found elsewhere? Leave a comment with the url so we can all check it out.
You May Also Like:
Get the weekly email called 5 Quick Things,
where Tsh shares stuff she either created herself or loved from others. (It can be read in under a minute, pinky-swear.)