I‘m headed to chilly Salt Lake City today to attend Alt Summit for the first time. I’ve never been to a conference in snowy weather before, so packing for this trip was a tricky experience for sure! Alt is a conference for Lifestyle and Design bloggers, it looks AMAZING, and I admit I’m nervous and excited to meet new people and get a big dose of much needed inspiration.
Attempting to be stylish but also warm is a fun (and sometimes frustrating) challenge, here’s what I chose for one of my outfits:
- I found a vintage poncho similar to the one above to fit my curves without adding too much bulk.
- I belted it to create shape and give me a waist, try it before you think it would make you look bigger – it’s actually slimming!
- Paired with simple jewelry to compliment (and not compete) with the pattern on the poncho
- A comfy bootie (must be comfy for LOTS of walking!) to complete the look.
- A pretty computer/camera bag is what I’ll have on hand, too, no reason to carry around a big ugly bag when there are so many cute options out there!
As you can see, I have no plans to brave the snow, and being from Phoenix means I don’t even own anything snow-worthy anyway. I’m much happier by a fire with hot cocoa in hand, watching snow from INDOORS.
Question for you: Do you like wearing ponchos? Would you wear them with a belt?
I’m linking up with Dress for the Day today – are you dressing for the day you want to have, or the day that’s trying to have you?
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram at @ariannesegerman and on Facebook to see lots of fun pictures from Alt. I can’t wait to share all the fun and creative info I bring home with me, but while I’m there don’t miss all the action (mostly on Instagram)!