- Hello stranger on the street, will you please tell me how to take care of my baby? :: Timothy McSweeney
- Tricky people are the new strangers :: Checklist Mommy
- You won’t benefit from anonymous criticism :: Seth Godin
- 17 tips for the first weeks with a newborn :: B-Inspired Mama
- 10 ways to be a happier mom :: A Holy Experience
The winner of yesterday’s giveaway from PaperlessKitchen was Kate. Congratulations! Be looking for an email in your inbox soon.
by Sarah Dunning Park
aware that we’d taken
a step out of turn—
we had cut in line
and not been caught.
I threw on an apron,
you did up the dishes.
No one would know
After a decade, our feet ached—
we were still clomping
around the house
in those big shoes
This summer we kicked them off;
now you put on the apron,
while I pour us a drink.
You melt butter in the pot,
and later—I’ll wash up.
© Sarah Dunning Park, 2012. All rights reserved. Used with permission.