Photo by Jan
2008 was a good year for Simple Mom. It being the only year and all.
Instead of spreading the usual link love, sharing my favorite posts from the week, I thought I’d do a few honorable mentions today.
Top 10 Referring Blogs
These 10 blogs were the ones which sent the most Simple Mom visitors in all of 2008. I’m sharing one of my favorite posts of theirs (I can’t possibly narrow it down to the absolute favorite). Thanks, friends.
- Rocks In My Dryer :: My Daughter’s Hands (my oldest was a baby when I first read this, and I bawled like a baby)
- Soule Mama :: A Board For Kneading
- Small Notebook :: Holding On To Sentimental Things
- Frugal Dad :: How To Teach Compounding Interest To Kids
- Nesting Place :: Imperfectly Beautiful: The Philosophy of a Home
- Make and Takes :: Recycled Chunky Crayons
- Lisa Leonard :: here’s her amazing limited edition jewelry (swoon!) – it’s not a post, but it’s what she does, and she does it well
- Tip Nut :: 10 Projects To Help Organize Your Home
- Biblical Womanhood :: Embrace Today: Choose Joy!
- Being Frugal :: 7 Things Women Wish Men Knew About Money
Great New Blogs
These are some of my favorite “new” blogs – and by new, I mean they were launched in 2008.
Daily Must Reads
Aside from any of those mentioned above so far, these are the blogs I make sure and hit (when I actually get a chance to sit down and read blogs).
I’m a huge podcast fan – and these are the ones I with which I stay current.
- Dave Ramsey (are you surprised?)
- Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Get It Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Mars Hill Church
Oh good night, I just want to list all the great blogs out there. But I can’t. So here’s just a few more that I think are great.
- Modern Media Mom
- Plum Pudding
- Rookie Moms
- Mom Advice
- Remodeling This Life
- The Inspired Room
- How About Orange
My Networking Friends
Finally, the following are all blogs with which Simple Mom networks formally, and I’m proud to be part of such a fine group of writers.
The Life Skills Network:
- Frugal Dad
- Marc & Angel Hack Life
- My Dollar Plan
- My Super-Charged Life
- On Simplicity
- The Wisdom Journal
Thanks to ALL of you who’ve made Simple Mom such a surprising success this past year – I look forward to more in 2009. I’m honored that you all read my words.
Feel free to leave some of your favorite blogs in the comments section (and feel free to link to some of your own great posts).