- 6 angry letters kids sent Neil deGrasse Tyson about Pluto :: Mental Floss
- What parents should say as their kids perform :: Tim Elmore
- Bathe your children less often :: Green Lifestyle Changes
- Cab-schooled student earned ticket to Harvard :: NPR
- Afternoon distraction: Chris :: Annie Downs
Favorite Instagram of the week (follow me here):
I gave her the challenge of reading 10 chapter books this summer, and she did it! Her chosen prize: a girls’ afternoon out. Pedicure, followed by a cupcake and browsing the bookstore. My idea of a perfect outing.
“To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter… to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring – these are some of the rewards of the simple life.- “John Burroughs