- Drowning doesn’t look like drowning :: Slate
- I have a kid hangover (but I manage to write anyway) :: Ellen Dollar on Patheos
- Stephen Colbert is ruining America :: Deeper Story
- The decline and fall of the English major :: NY Times
- The internet and the age of avoidance :: Kristen Howerton’s TEDx talk
The readers who’ve won a copy of The Artist’s Daughter are: Candace, Jessica, Jessica, Laura, Lisa, Dorothy, Eva, Stacy, Martha, and Rachel. Congrats to the ten of you! Look for an email and get back to us as soon as you can.
Favorited Instagram of the week (and head here to follow me!):
And a special thanks and shout-out to the blog’s current sponsors—I’m thankful for your partnership!
Cozi :: An organizing app for the modern family.
Lamp in a Box :: Design your own lamp! That’s fun.
Living Well, Spending Less :: A blog about saving money, homeschooling, DIYing, and making the most out of life.
Plan to Eat :: My family’s favorite tool for menu planning (really—I use it weekly!).
Stay at Home Yoga :: Take a professional yoga class without leaving your home.
“What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade.” -Gertrude Jekyll