The winner of The Total Money Makeover is Karen at Simply A Musing Blog! Congrats, Karen. I hope it blesses your family and serves as an encouragement to you. (She, incidentally, also loves triple suicide chocolate cake.)
For the other 156 of you, I still highly encourage you to get it. It has been the best financial resource for our family. I’ve been writing a series called Personal Finance 101 based on Dave Ramsey and The Total Money Makeover, and it highlights all seven of his Baby Steps.
Just for fun, here are some of the more creative-sounding desserts mentioned throughout the contest:
Photo by Katy at Pomelo Pleasures
- the green dessert – Marly
- better than sex – Valerie (my friend Clarisa makes this, too)
- claim jumpers chocolate cake – Chanelireli
- extreme moose tracks ice cream – Tamara
- chocolate chai pie – Wendy (I’m drooling just thinking about it! I need this recipe, Wendy…)
- dies and went to heaven chocolate cake – Sue
- better than robert redford cake – Adria Sha
- snicker salad – Terra Heck (apples, Snickers, cream cheese, and cool whip? Who knew?)
- dump cake – Christi239 (yellow cake mix, butter, pineapple, and cherry pie filling – quite the concoction!)
Well, now that I need a sugar fix, I’ll leave you for the weekend. Have a great one, and I’ll be back on Monday!