This giveaway is closed.
Next up is a Simple Mom favorite – Pear Budget. I’ve raved about this wonderful company in the past; it’s what we use in our family to keep track of our everyday family finances.
Pear Budget was created by Charlie and Sarah Park, Simple Mom readers with three little ones at home. The great thing about this budgeting management site they’ve created is that its elegant interface echoes its simplicity. It really is so easy to use. You simply set up your budget in about 15 minutes, and you’re good to go.
Some of Pear Budget’s best features are:
- It’s completely based on a zero-based budget.
- You can fully customize your tags – there’s none of the pre-entered kind, like on Quicken.
- It’s quick and powerful – because it doesn’t do anything but budgeting, it takes mere seconds to load.
- It beautifully handles both my regular, monthly expenses and my irregular expenses that show up only several times a year.
- It uses the classic envelope system – you fill in a category’s amount, and it depletes the total as its spent.
- They’ve got a blog that regularly answers questions and provides a place to contribute your thoughts (love that!).
Because the Parks are a work-at-home mom and dad, they get how busy parents are. They know what it’s like to manage a home. And they personally relate to staring in cloudy confusion at budget software that just doesn’t work for them. They know that when you only have 15 minutes of computer time every couple hours, you’re not going to want to spend it trying to understand how to work a tool. You just want to update your budget, see the results clearly, and move on.
Pear Budget is only $3 a month, but this week, they want to give three Simple Mom readers one free 6-month subscription, one free 1-year subscription, and one free lifetime subscription!
To win, here’s how to enter:
Leave a comment at this post, answering the following question: If you found a surprise $10 bill in your pocket, what would you do with it?
The giveaway is open worldwide, and it lasts until this Saturday, May 30.
I hope you win! Check back in a few hours for another giveaway.